Cart: items | Total:

My Facebook Philosophy




Recently I came across a post in an online forum where someone relatively new to Internet Marketing had posted a question regarding Facebook. Basically he was asking other web site owners whether or not linking to a Facebook Fan Page would be a good idea or not.

I was a little disappointed in the replies the poster was receiving. Those who responded made sense, basically encouraging the philosophy of "why link to an off-site web page when you have the customer on your site already". While I do subscribe to that theory, I had to disagree in this particular case.

I replied with:

I'm in the other camp {username}. My FB fan page generates sales and is another way to broadcast announcements and promotions to an opted in, qualified group of shoppers. Furthermore it is showing up in the search engines. While I agree that outgoing links need to be under scrutiny, I have to disagree that a Facebook fan page is a bad idea.

Also, Facebook allows you to create applications. I created one that allows users to send dart shirts to each other. It is generating an average of 100 active users per week. Every time someone sends one to a friend, both sending and receiving users have my products right there on their screen with my company info and link to my shop.

Add it all up, and from an Internet Marketing perspective its a no brainer. Go for it.


Back in December while tuning everything in for the last Holiday rush, I created a Facebook Fan Page for my dart shirts web site as well as the application I mentioned in my reply. By January my application had reached 638 monthly active users, and that number increases daily.

Considering the growth and continued popularity of Facebook, consider signing up if you have not joined the crowd. For more of my Facebook Philosophy coming from an Internet Marketing perspective, watch your mailbox for the next issue of Promowear Magazine.


Do you have social media sharing buttons on your web site or blog?

Providing your visitors with social media sharing buttons provides them one click access for sharing your content. I can add social media sharing functionality with buttons that compliment your site for just $35.00!

Add this important feature to your site today!

Design and Install Social Sharing Functionality to One Web Site or Blog

Only $35.00!

Cart: items | Total:

My Facebook Philosophy by
Rags To Stitches Productions