Cart: items | Total:

Avoiding Scams: Be Smart On Facebook




Recently I've had to drop a few friends on Facebook, despite the fact that we do know each other and connect from time to time. The main reason for this is their lack of practicing safe actions on Facebook.

For example, today two of my friends were tagged in someones photo. The comment on the photo was "o...k im really booorreed, come checkout my vids. - let me know what you think" with a shortened URL to click on. This is not the first time I've seen that exact phrase on others being tagged by phony Facebook accounts.

Out of curiosity (and to make myself feel better about being do skeptical about the issue) I copied the shortened link and plugged it into True URL to see what web site it really went to. Sure enough it pointed to a website called Fling.com:

"FLING.COM - World's Best Adult Personals for adult dating, search millions of adult personals from singles, couples, and swingers looking for fun, browse sexy photos, personals and more."


Clearly a few of my friends aren't looking into the users who send them friend requests, and as a result the scammers and phony account holders are allowed the use of my friends activity streams in order to pass their links through Facebook in a viral manner. Who knows what kind of possible malware, trojans or other possible attacks that web site may introduce to those clicking on the link?

For anyone reading this that have missed previous posts or articles on the subject, click here to review a few warnings I've shared in the past.

Play it safe and be smart!
Do you have social media sharing buttons on your web site or blog?

Providing your visitors with social media sharing buttons provides them one click access for sharing your content. I can add social media sharing functionality with buttons that compliment your site for just $35.00!

Add this important feature to your site today!

Design and Install Social Sharing Functionality to One Web Site or Blog

Only $35.00!

Cart: items | Total:

Avoiding Scams: Be Smart On Facebook by
Rags To Stitches Productions