Cart: items | Total:

Dartoids World




I only wish mixing business with pleasure could come around more often. Recently I finished up an exciting project in the rebuild of Dartoids World. As a regular reader of Dartoid's column for many years, I had always been a bit torn when visiting his web site. As a fan and loyal subscriber to his articles, the content was always there. However from a webmaster's chair, I often found myself cringing at the lack of consistency, broken features and cookie cutter template and widgets that the web site consisted of.

I can't begin to explain how excited I was when I got a call from Dartoid himself to discuss an overhaul. Mixing humor and vignettes of local life with useful tips for darters who find themselves at the ends of the earth with nowhere to throw, Dartoid’s World is a must-read, the most widely read column about darts in the world.

I engineered Dartoids World to give him the freedom of posting his column with ease, using a custom created admin area that is as simple to use as any text editor or word program. In addition to that, I built in easy to use tools for Dartoid control other features on his web site such as polls, a travel gallery and recommended columns. Each time Dartoid posts a new column the web site automatically updates his RSS feed, Google Site Map and the menu's and links within navigation. I told him I could make it so easy a six year old could do it, and he no doubt responded with his great sense of humor, "good, because when it comes to this kind of stuff I'm about as smart as one".



Additional features give Dartoid's readers the ability to comment on articles and rate them, a rating system for the "double out shots" which are updated automatically each month, and a "wheres Dartoid" module that allows him to keep his audience updated on where his travels and journeys around the globe are currently taking him.

On six of seven continents, Dartoid has gone toe-to-toe and mug-to-mug with some of the best dart shooters, and best drinkers, on the planet. From Beijing to Toronto, Tokyo to Johannesburg, Bangkok to Rome, Dartoid’s stood at the line, often in the most unbelievable of circumstances.

Dartoid's column has been featured by Bull’s Eye News, the American Darts Organization’s (ADO) Double Eagle and numerous other darts publications and websites around the globe since 1995.